Little Pippins Pre-school’s Privacy Notice
Little Pippins Pre-school, Freeman Orchard, Gaveston Road, Harwell, Didcot, OX11 0HP. Tel: 01235 821741
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide care and learning that is tailored to meet yourchild’s individual needs. We also collect information in order to verify your eligibility for free childcare asapplicable.
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
your child’s name, date of birth, address, doctor’s contact details, health and medical needs, development needs, and any special educational needs, contact details of other professionals involved in your child’s care.
Where applicable we will obtain child protection plans from social care and health care plans from health professionals.
We will also ask for information about who has parental responsibility for your child and any court orders pertaining to your child.
Personal details that we collect about you include:
your name, home and work address, phone numbers, emergency contact details, family details and alternative emergency contact person details.
This information will be collected from you directly in the registration form.
Why we collect this information and the legal basis for handling your data
We use personal data about you and your child in order to administer and provide childcare services and fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
▪ contact you in case of an emergency
▪ to support your child’s wellbeing and development
▪ manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at our setting
▪ to carry out regular assessment of your child’s progress and to identify any areas of concern
▪ to maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you may have
▪ to keep you updated with information about our service, activities, and fundraising events
▪ to administer the pre-school’s waiting lists, fees and funding applications and claims.
With your consent, we will also record your child’s activities for their individual learning record. This may include photographs and videos. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time for images taken by confirming so in writing.
We have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare. We also have a legal obligation to transfer records and certain information about your child to the school that your child will be attending (see Transfer of Records policy).
Who we share your data with
In order for us to deliver childcare services we will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
▪ Ofsted – during an inspection or following a complaint about our service
▪ the Local Authority (where you claim up to 15 hours free childcare as applicable)
▪ the government’s eligibility checker (as above)
▪ our insurance underwriter (if applicable)
▪ our setting software management provider (online learning journal)
▪ the school that your child will be attendingWe will also share your data if:
▪ we are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission;
▪ to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
▪ to protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with social care or the police;
▪ it is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety
▪ we transfer the management of the setting, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer so they may continue the service in the same way.
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by:
▪ Storing paper records in lockable cabinets/lockable office.
▪ Keeping emergency mobile phones locked cupboard/office out of opening hours
▪ Locking the office when not in use.
▪ Password protecting mobile phones, computers, electronic files and devices storing personal data.▪ Using a secure email system to transfer data to the Local Authority.
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your child’s personal data for up to 3 years after your child no longer uses our setting, or until ournext Ofsted inspection after your child leaves our setting. Medication records and accident records are kept for longer according to legal requirements. Your child’s learning and development records are maintained by usand handed to you when your child leaves.
In some instances (child protection, or other support service referrals) we are obliged to keep your data for longer if it is necessary to comply with legal requirements (see our Records policies).
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
▪ request access, amend or correct your/your child’s personal data
▪ request that we delete or stop processing your/your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no
longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
▪ request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another person
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact us. If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at InformationCommissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.