We believe that developing a partnership between you and your child’s key person is the best way to support your child during their time at pre-school.
We strongly encourage all parents to get involved.
As part of our commitment to involving you, you are invited…
- to attend committee meetings throughout the year – but more importantly you are invited to put your name forward to become a committee member. Little Pippins is run by a committee made up of parents just like you and as children move on, so do many of our members. It is, therefore, vital that new parents become involved. Whilst it can be hard work it is also very rewarding and ensures that the views of parents are properly represented.
- to make an appointment to view the pre-school with a view to securing a place for your child.
- to a ‘taster’ session before your child starts. You will be introduced to your child’s key person and have the opportunity to ask questions and discuss any concerns you may have. You will be invited to contribute details about your child – likes and dislikes, friends and family. This will help your key person to support your child during the settling in period.
- to sign up to help out throughout the term. (See below for more details).
- to peruse and contribute to your child’s Learning Journal which forms a unique and individual record of your child’s time with us.
- to meet your key person to discuss your child’s progress at regular ‘How are things going?’ meetings throughout the year.
- to complete a yearly questionnaire so that we can gauge how successfully we are meeting your family’s pre-school needs.
- to use the post its next to our suggestion box in the entrance lobby. This is another opportunity for you to have your say.
- to peruse and help yourself to the leaflets available in the lobby on topics that may be helpful from time to time. For example, Dealing with Headlice and My toddler is biting. What should I do?
- to download the Little Pippins Parents Guide which explains the Revised Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and what it means for you and your child.
- to download a copy of ‘What to Expect When’ – a guide to children’s learning and development stages in the EYFS
As part of your commitment to Little Pippins you could…
Sign up regularly to help out during sessions
Each term, we ask parents and carers (grandparents are welcome too) to sign up to help during our sessions. You don’t need any special skills for this as there are always lots of little jobs to do like tidying up, helping to prepare snacks for the children, reading stories, cleaning paintbrushes, tidying away the wellies. You can sign up for all or part of a session.
Let us know what your particular skills are!
If you like to knit or sew, speak to Linda. There are alway small items that we need made/repaired. If you have other skills – gardening, DIY let us know! If you’re not sure what you can do to help, just ask!
Little Pippins is a registered charity, which exists solely for the benefit of the children who attend. Any money raised from fees or fundraising is put back into the pre-school to improve the facilities and the care we can offer to the children. To keep costs down and prices low, the pre-school does not have a paid-for management team. Instead, the pre-school is run by a committee of volunteers. The committee has a wide remit, ranging from the more serious elements like budgeting and compliance to the more enjoyable like marketing and fund-raising. We know that it can sound daunting to join ‘a committee’ but we’re a very ordinary group of people – just like you – and remember that you only need to get as involved as you want to.
Become part of our Fundraising Team
Throughout the year, the Little Pippins Fundraising Team run a number of events to raise money for the pre-school. Over recent years, these have included a Halloween Party with music and games for under 9s; a Winter Ball for the grown-ups, and the annual Christmas Tree Festival where local groups like the WI and Fun Club compete to produce the best-decorated Christmas Tree. We are always looking for extra volunteers to help organise and attend these events
If you would like to join this informal group – or even if you can’t help directly but have an idea for fundraising which you’d like to share – please email us at email@example.com (or speak to a member of staff / committee member).
Raise funds for Pippins while you shop online via www.easyfundraising.co.uk. Select Little Pippins Pre-school as your preferred cause then we will receive a donation when you shop at a range of online stores at no extra cost to you.
Recycle to raise funds
From time to time we arrange used clothing collections: you can donate unwanted clothing which helps to raise funds for the pre-school.