What is Early Years Pupil Premium?
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is additional funding early years settings receive for disadvantaged 3- and 4-year-olds. The funds are used to improve the education provided, accelerate progress of those children, and provide experiences that enhance the children’s learning.
Pupil Premium Report 2016-17
During the academic year 2016/2017 we were able to claim EYPP funding for 4 children totalling £1208
This allowed us to purchase or finance the following items to support those particular children’s needs:
- Literacy Unit giving easy access to a range of mediums encouraging mark making and writing skills.
- Raised vegetable beds allow the children without gardens to grow their own vegetables and learn about growth and decay as well as healthy eating.
- Items to encourage outdoor play such as magnifiers, mini bug tank, telescope, pirate flag.
- Police and fireman helmets to encourage role play.
- Summer outing to Beale Park.
- Orchard toys games as used within Pre-school to support and encourage maths and turn-taking at home